- boil the pork skin for a few hours to render the fat and break down the tough matrix of proteins in the skin;
- lay the skin with the "outside" up on a rack on a pan in a low, low oven, as low as it goes, with the oven door vented with a spoon or something like that, overnight;
- scrape as much of the remaining fat and meat from the skin with the back of a knife. You only want skin here!
- boil for a couple more hours;
- dry it again;
- cut it into little chunks;
- fry the chunks in hot oil;
- remove from oil to a rack and toss with salt and whatever else you want.